Liquid nitrogen lowers the temperature inside the tank to -300 °F (-184°C) and slowly returns to room temp. The target temperature for parts inside the take depends on the material used.
Advantages of cryogenic stress relief include:
- Alters the molecular grain microstructure of the entire metal part, not just the surface layer
- Reduces residual stresses and stress cracking
- Improves toughness, dimensional stability, and wear properties of metal parts
- Gives parts greater stability at room temperature
- Reduces coefficient of friction and surface roughness
- Enables the machining of parts to tighter tolerances
- Increases dimensional stability on critical components
- Reduces stress fracturing
- Increases abrasion and impact resistance
- Improves metal materials’ dielectric properties
- Provides for easier machining and redressing
- Increases component durability and lifespan
- Extended part life for lower replacement costs and reduced downtime
Cryogenic stress relief increases the density of metal materials, making them stronger and more solid. This can yield dramatic improvements in the performance, durability, and wear resistance of metal parts and components.
Parts treated via cryogenic metal stress relieving may be re-machined or re-ground indefinitely without altering the effects of the cryogenic stress relief process.
Your Single Source of Total Solutions
We look beyond today to increase efficiency and serve your business.
Finished Means Finished. Done
We eliminate the need for your parts to go elsewhere.